Art Education Syllabus
Instructor: Lauran Buckmaster
Room: Intermediate Elementary 214
Contact Time: 7:45 - 8:40
Elementary art provides students with experiences to learn how to communicate through art, develop skills and a sense of craftsmanship through technique, to appreciate historical and cultural aspects, to make connection with real-life and other subjects, and to develop critical and creative thinking skills. Students also learn self-control and gain self esteem as they gain knowledge of individual and collaborative activities. Students are encouraged to show respect for themselves and others, learn cooperation, and craftsmanship. Students are encouraged to participate in all activities, have fun, include others and give their best effort.
Art Education classes meet each week with a 50 minute block time. Art Education will include, but is not limited to the following content:
- Elements of Arts (line, shape, form, space, color, value, texture)
- Principles of Design (balance, pattern, contrast, emphasis)
- Art Purposes (Narrative, Expressive, Functional)
- Art Subjects (Portrait, Landscape, Still-life, other)
- Art Styles (Realistic, Abstract, Cartoon, Non-Objective)
- Art Processes (Drawing, Painting, Collage, Sculpture)
- Art Media Skills (Crayon, Marker, Paint, Clay)
Follow the District Procedures, the classroom expectations and Treat Others Like You Want to Be Treated.
Participate in all activities unless physically unable to do so. Please send a doctor note if there are any limitations for activities. Also, please let the school nurse and I know about health problems such as severe asthma, diabetes, severe allergies, etc.
Daily Participation 100%
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 918-478-2465 or email@example.com.
Looking forward to an AMAZING YEAR!